IST – Nobel 2
The main goal of the IST Integrated Project NOBEL phase 2 is the progress of optical transport networks for a pervasive introduction of broadband services in Europe.
The contrubution of PEG to the project deals with:
- PMD/PDL measurements and characterization of fibre, fibre links and optical devices.
- Local birefringence measurements in fibres.
- Training on PMD, PDL and Raman amplification, carried out by means of lectures and seminars.
- Experimental characterization of distributed Raman gain.
- Support to activities related to PMD impairments and Raman amplification performed by other participants.
Funding source MIUR, PRIN Grant